Update – safeguarding the wellbing of staff & customers
To all our valued customers,
Following a challenging summer of droughts, bushfires and floods the COVID-19 virus has thrown at us a “curve ball” on a worldwide scale.
The coming months will prove challenging for all business and families in Australia. However, as Australians we are resilient, we overcome and most of all we look after each other.
Our staff & customer safety is our #1 priority followed by business continuity and trading issues.
Over the past few weeks we have been developing a plan & now implementing measures that, based on the best Government & Healthcare Services advice, we trust will ensure the wellbeing of our staff & customers.
However, as you will appreciate, the situation is quite fluid and we will continue to adapt and respond to the conditions as they change.
We have outlined below a number of these measures we are rolling out as at 19 March 2020.
Following recent announcement by the Federal & State Governments, please do not visit Woodchoppers if you have:
- symptoms of cold/flu or illness and are unwell;
- travelled overseas within the past 14 days & not been cleared of the virus by medical authorities;
- been in close contact with a person who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or is displaying symptoms of COVID-19 & not been cleared of the virus by medical authorities;
- been directed to self-isolate
We have empowered our staff to refuse entry/service to those whom a reasonable person may consider ill or unwell and may meet the exclusion standards.
From Monday 23 March 2020 we will fully close Woodchoppers on Monday, Tuesday and Sunday evenings. This includes our restaurant, bar & gaming areas.
BBQ Levels & Supply Chain
Despite all the empty shelves in supermarkets we have lots of great BBQ ready to go. We have secured our supply chain of meats, beers, seafood and vegetables for the foreseeable future.
During opening hours, we have implemented the following measures:
- We have reduced our restaurant seating by 40% to maximum circa 60-70 guests to meet 1.5 metre distance recommendation from Federal/State health authorities;
- We have reduced our bar seating to maximum 20 guests to meet recent announcements by Federal/State health authorities;
- We have reduced our gaming room capacity to maximum 10 players. We have done this by disabling a number of machines & changed seating arrangements;
- We have increased our outside dining capacity on our deck and beer garden area while meeting Federal/State health authorities’ guidelines.
We have also implemented a broader “Take-away” online menu with “Curb-side” pickup for those wishing to further practice social distancing.
Cleaning & Hygiene
In addition to our already high standard of cleaning practices and to support our social distancing measures, we have implemented the following to focus on key “Touch Points”:
- Restaurant, bar & gaming areas will be sanitised each night with commercial grade products;
- All table surface, salt/pepper, chairs & high traffic contact surfaces to be cleaned with sanitiser;
- Cutlery, glassware & napkins to be presented to guests only after seating;
- Menus will be sanitised after each service;
- All EFTPOS machines will be sanitised after each use – IE NOT TAP & GO;
- We encourage all customers to pay via TAP & GO to reduce cash handling;
- All staff will wear gloves when cleaning cutlery & glasses;
- Bathrooms to be checked & cleaned based on cleaning schedule;
- All gaming machines will be sanitised on a ½ hr basis
Woodchoppers values our staff as they are what makes Woodchoppers great.
We will continue to follow all Federal/State government and Fairwork requirements in supporting out staff and access ongoing subsidies and government support to keep out staff employed.
However, should any staff member exhibit signs of illness he/she will be asked not to attend work. They will be required to provide a medical certificate stating they are fit to resume work and/or are cleared of the virus and/or have self-isolated for 14 days.
From all the Woodchoppers family stay safe and healthy in these challenging times and we wish to thank you for your ongoing support now and in the future.
Wednesday $12 Barbi Parmi & Pot
Our unique Barbi Parmi is a fresh, not frozen, BBQ Chicken fillet, mid-west pulled pork and home made salsa. It’s out take on a parmi just BBQ not fried.
Plus receive a pot of our Half Woody session craft ale….perfect with a parmi.
Best Craft Beer Range in the Hinterland
We have the best range of real craft beer in the Hinterland. Always changing, we bring the best of local, interstate and international craft beers to Mudgeeraba.
If craft is not your thing, we have all the local favourites that you would find in any pub.
I’m Local – Benefits for being local
Up to 20% discount for being a local.
Regular promotions, offers & events
Nothing like home made dough !
No frozen pizza bases here. Did you know we make our own pizza dough from scratch here at Woodchoppers ?
For those who love our garlic pizza bread you know what we mean…..check out the rise on that dough and the great pizza menu coming soon to Woodchoppers.
I'm Local - Benefits for being local !
Get up to 20% for just being a local
Regular promotions, offers & events
Lunch & Dinner - Wednesday to Saturday
→ Lunch from 12 noon to 2.30pm
→ Dinner from 5.30pm to close
During the COVID-19 challenge Lunch from 12 noon Sundays closed for Dinner.